Thursday 15 March 2012

Varkala, Kerala

The cliff and beaches of Varkala are the Goa of the South, just without the Trance parties. Great place to hang out and feel like home while you eat the fresh catch of the day.
more images








There is one thing in India which strikes me most and that is the rubbish. Sadly, where ever you go, it is full of rubbish. Plastic is just everywhere. As a critical person I have to admit that I contribute to the amount of rubbish by not drinking the local tap water and buying bottled water however my stomach is not necessary made for the local water either.

Varkala is basically a cliff edge with the walkway at the edge and the beach at the bottom. Any rubbish accumulated on the walkway is simply being brushed off the walkway down the cliff. The habit might clean up the path in front of the shops and restaurant, but a sneak over the edge sadly reveals an incredible amount of plastic. I am not sure what to do about it except of binning my own garbage but things like that start in the head of people. I can only assume that for the transition from banana leafs to plastic foil for the food wrapping went far too fast. Wake up.

...why?

No comments:

Post a Comment