Sunday 25 March 2012

Dhaka - Bangladesh

So, I just arrived in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It is hot, the air is thick of pollution and there are a lot of people around, a lot. It is basically full, nobody fits here anymore. Everything is cramped and the traffic is standing still. So the bike rickshaw and walking is the only alternative.
On the other hand it seems that Dhaka is one big construction site. There are sites absolutely everywhere, money seems to be around and the signs show fancy residential developments. I wonder who can afford them? I talked to some people who showed me how it looks inside the garnment industry - the sweat shops. Horrible. The monthly salary salary is 3000 Taka (83 Taka = 1 $) for 12 hour days including 1 hour break, 7 days a week. Below some first shots, more to follow.
more images





Main Train Station


Rickshaw art, a competition to win customers.

Coincidently I ended up in an amusement park. Reminded me like one from the 70ties, but quite refreshing as nobody was around...




No comments:

Post a Comment