Thursday 9 August 2012

Weymouth - Olympic Spirit

There is hope that there is still some Olympic spirit left in the world. After a lot of complaining over the ticket buying disaster I was sitting in Weymouth besides the Olympic ticketed area and was preparing myself for a long day of not seeing a lot. Then suddenly I hear a friendly voice behind me asking me if I wanted a ticket. To my question about how much he simply answered 'Nothing, it is Olympic spirit'. Thank you so much Steve, very much appreciated.
It was a good start of the day which only got better and better. In front of a huge crowd - lots of Australians as well - Nathan Outerridge and Iain Jensen won the 49er sailing event for Australia. The event was followed by a decent celebration at the local pub invaded by basically all Australian television stations I could think of: Channel 7, Nine, Ten, ABC... Not sure if the young boys were super keen on the cameras after the first couple of drinks which broadcasted straight to the morning shows at 9pm local time...
more pictures here

Today is not France's day




Aussie, Aussie, Aussie



Big entry for the winners while the media goes crazy.

Channel 7 and Ten reporter: what does the competitor reporter say about the boys?
No end of the media frenzy, from the bar straight...


...and live on breakfast television.
Shoulder rubbing with gold

No comments:

Post a Comment